Terms and conditions
St Elizabeth Hospice (Suffolk), whose registered office is 565 Foxhall Road, Ipswich, IP3 8LX whose registered company number is 01794927 ("St Elizabeth Hospice") operates the website found at www.stelizabethhospicegiving.org.uk ("the Website"). These are the general terms and conditions which govern your use of the Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should not continue to use or access the website.
These terms and conditions may change or be updated from time to time without notice. It remains your responsibility to access and check these terms and conditions wherever you access the website. The latest version of these terms and conditions will govern any future usage by you of the Website.
Use of the Website
The Website is intended purely for personal use to enable individuals to create online fundraising pages to raise money to support the work or St Elizabeth Hospice. This service must not be used for commercial purposes in any way. The Website allows you to create fundraising pages and you will be able to upload photos, videos, write about your fundraising, donate to and raise funds for St Elizabeth Hospice.
You must be over the age of 16 or have the permission of your parent of guardian, to create a fundraising page. By giving permission, your parent or guardian agrees to ensure your compliance with these terms and conditions.
Protecting your password
When you register with St Elizabeth Hospice Giving and choose a password to protect your secure account, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and for any use of the Website by any person using your account. If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account, we recommend that you change your password immediately. Should you forget either your user name of password you can use the forgotten password option on the main log in page of the website to retrieve those details.
You must at all times use the Website and its associated services in a responsible and legal manner. In particular, but not exclusively:
- You may upload content, such as text, photographs and videos (“Content”) on to the website only in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- You must not upload any offensive, obscene, defamatory or racist Content on to the Website. St Elizabeth Hospice does not actively monitor or edit the Website but reserves the right to remove or edit any Content posted on the Website at its sole discretion and without notice, regardless of whether or not it is, in the opinion of you or any third party, offensive, obscene, defamatory or racist. If you notice such Content on the Website, please email email@example.com
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you have appropriate rights to copy and share any Content which you upload to the Website. In particular, you must ensure that any such Content is not subject to any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property protection or that, if it is, you have properly obtained the owners’ written permission to use it on the Website. St Elizabeth Hospice reserves the right to remove any Content from the Website, at its sole discretion and without notice, if it has reason to doubt that you have complied with this paragraph or if the copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property status of the Content is otherwise in question. If you suspect an infringement of any intellectual property rights on the Website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- By uploading any Content to the Website you grant St Elizabeth Hospice a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide licence (including the right to sub-license) to copy and use that Content on, or for the purposes of, the Website. You warrant to St Elizabeth Hospice that you have the right to grant the licence on these terms.
- You must indemnify St Elizabeth Hospice against any and all claims and liabilities which it may incur arising from or in connection with any claim by a third party that any Content which has been uploaded to the Website by you (or any other person who has obtained your account details from or through you) infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- Other than in relation to your own fundraising pages, you may not remove or change anything on the Website.
In addition, you as a user must not:
- Misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any other person or organisation;
- Use the Website to send junk email or ‘spam’ to people who not or may not wish to receive email from you;
- Use the Website to conduct, display, promote or forward surveys, raffles, lotteries, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters or other activities not relevant to the purpose of St Elizabeth Hospice Giving;
- Interfere with, or disrupt, the service or services or networks connected to the service or introduce any computer virus (including any variant or similar malicious code or instructions) to St Elizabeth Hospice’s systems.
St Elizabeth Hospice reserves the right to cancel your registration and delete any fundraising pages without notice in the event of a breach of any of the above rules.
St Elizabeth Hospice would like to point out that the views expressed on the website are not necessarily those of St Elizabeth Hospice or any of its employees or volunteers.
All content on the Website is owned by or licensed to St Elizabeth Hospice and is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You may copy content for your own personal, non-commercial use provided you do not alter it or remove any copyright, trade mark or other proprietary notice. No other use of the Website’s content is permitted without the express prior written permission of St Elizabeth Hospice, and, where applicable, that of the relevant rights holder. Enquiries and permission requests may be sent to email@example.com
Use of your donation
Donations made via the Website will be processed by Worldpay, our card services provider, in accordance with its own terms of business. All donations received will be used to support the work of St Elizabeth Hospice in whichever area of its activities St Elizabeth Hospice, considers, in its absolute discretion, that funds are required.
Unauthorised card use
When a donation is made on the Website the transaction is final and cannot be reversed unless unauthorised use of your payment card is proved. If you become aware of fraudulent use of your card, or if it is lost or stolen, you must notify you card provider in accordance with its reporting rules.
Changes to the service
St Elizabeth Hospice will make every effort to ensure that the Website and other services are available continuously, but reserves the right to modify, suspend or discontinue all or any part at any time with or without notice. Unless specifically exempted, any new features, services or software applications introduced to the Website shall be subject to these terms and conditions.
Failure to comply with these terms and conditions
In the event that you commit a breach of these terms and conditions, St Elizabeth Hospice reserves the right at its sole discretion to immediately and without notice suspend or permanently deny your access to all of part of the Website and services.
You may discontinue use of the Website and services at any time. These terms and conditions will continue to apply to past use of the Website by you.
Disclaimer and limitation of liability
St Elizabeth Hospice does not, and nothing in these terms and conditions shall act, exclude or limit St Elizabeth Hospice’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence, fraud or any other liability which may not by applicable law be excluded or limited.
You agree that your use of the Website is on an “as is” and “as available” basis and that your use of the Website is at your sole risk. St Elizabeth Hospice does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted or secure access to services, and operation of the Website may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of its control. On that basis, except as expressly set out in these terms and conditions, St Elizabeth Hospice does not give any conditions, warranties, guarantees or other terms in relation to the Website, and any such conditions, warranties, guarantees or other terms are excluded to the extent permissible by law.
Subject to the exceptions listed above, in no event shall St Elizabeth Hospice be liable (whether for breach of contract, negligence or for any other reason) for any loss or damage which you may claim to have suffered by reason of your accessing or use of the Website, including (but not limited to) loss of profits, exemplary or special damages, loss of sales, loss of revenue, loss of goodwill, loss of any software or data, loss of bargain, loss of opportunity, loss of use of computer equipment, loss of or waste of management or other staff time, or for any indirect, consequential or special loss, however arising. You should refresh your browser each time you visit the Website to ensure that you download the most up to date version of the Website, including the latest version of these terms and conditions.
These terms and condition, and all matters arising from your use of the website, are governed by English law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Third party rights
A person who is not party to these terms and conditions and has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any terms and conditions.
St Elizabeth Hospice is a member of the Fundraising Standards Board self-regulatory scheme. The Fundraising Standards Board works to ensure that organisations raising money for charity from the public do so honestly and properly. As members of the scheme, we follow the Institute of Fundraising’s Codes of Fundraising Practice and comply with the key principles embodied in the Codes and our Fundraising Promise. In addition to this regulatory scheme St Elizabeth Hospice also has a complaints policy which is available upon request. More details can be found on our website www.stelizabethhospice.org.uk